sábado, 21 de abril de 2012

Texto lindo da Giovanna Pegorer



" I never thought it would be hard to say “good bye”. I’m an easy going person – I talk, talk and if you let me keep going, I’ll keep talking. But again, I was wrong. I’m not as talkative as I thought and say “good bye” is one of the hardest things in the world. 
Leaving my country was the easy thing, I got in a plane and I came – with my dreams and my expectations. But as I got here, I understood that life is not easy, but possible. When I said the first “good bye”, it seemed that I was leaving just for some weeks. I never thought it would be 40 weeks – or 10 months. 
I still don’t understand how some people say that they would LOVE to be away from their families. How can they survive without their mom’s hug? How can they survive without their siblings and the funniest “fights” over a computer? How can they survive without a daddy’s “good night” – kiss? How can you survive without the ones who love you more than anything? 
I’m not a big patriotic person. I was always listening to international songs, watching international movies; studying different languages (…) I was counting down the days to live away from the same, not knowing that the same was my home; and home is where my heart is. And now that it’s almost over, I know – I’m Brazilian. I’m proud to be a Brazilian. I’m proud to be from a country that is developing. I’m proud to be from a country where the best parties and hugs are. Where when you meet someone, you’re supposed to give a kiss on the cheek and a big hug with a “welcome” smile. Where people complain about everything, but if someone says something (…) “What are you talking about? Brazil is PERFECT!” 
After almost 10 months in the USA, I learned that people are not what they appear to be, that when you are smiling and you are “new”, there will be myriad of people around you, but when obstacles show up, you can count on your fingers, how many people will be around. I learned that age doesn’t matter; I can be a friend with a 10-year-old girl or a 45-year-old-woman. I learned that everybody is human and we have to respect everyone as we would like to be respected. I learned the meaning of forgiveness at the moment that I saw a girl on her knees begging for mercy. I learned that religion sucks, and Jesus rocks. It doesn’t matter if you go to a Baptist church, Catholic or Methodist; if you know Jesus as your savior and Father that’s all the matters. 
And after almost 10 months, I will have to say “good bye” again and now it seems harder because I don’t know if I will see everybody again. I can’t count how many days I cried because I knew that I would have to leave. I will have to leave the ones who helped me to survive, the ones who were right beside me in the difficult moments, the ones who helped me to grow, “but I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you” and because of that I just have to thank God for putting so many good friends in my life and instead of crying I can just smile because I know that I had the time of my life and you know (…) I owe it all to you! "

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário